Happy weekend friends (if you can even call it that). How is everyone doing? We are fine…”just hanging” as I like to say when people ask. I will say that we are so grateful to be healthy but we are very ready to life to get back to normal. Now that we are on day 2523552 (but really), I will say that sheltering in place, take out only and being at home together ALL the time has become “normal”. We have figured out a nice routine (it only took about a month) and now we kind of have it down. I guess that means that sheltering in place is almost over because I feel like when you FINALLY get into the swing of things, something changes.
I have mixed feelings about things going back to normal. While I do love nothing more than spending extra time with my little family (cooking, playing outside, going on ‘joy rides’ and just enjoying each other), If I am being honest, I really miss my ‘normal’ routine and things being much less complicated (I can barely remember what it was like to just run into Starbucks and grab a coffee). Selfish, I know but I am just being honest with you all.
Other than being at home since March 13th, things have been semi-normal. I’ll be 19 weeks on Monday and thankfully still feeling good! We are starting to plan baby girls nursery and have been working to transition Ralph’s nursery into a ‘big boy’ room. These little house projects have been nice to keep my mind off of everything that is going on. I hope you and your “quaranTEAM” have the best weekend (or next couple of days). Sending you all good vibes and lots of virtual hugs. xx
- If you are looking for an easy enchilada recipe, I cannot say enough good things about this one!
- In case you missed it…click here to find out what we are naming our little girl that is arriving in September!
- This is the perfect house dress (it’s only $27!)
- If you need new linens or pillows READ THIS!
- Earlier this week I made my very first homemade broccoli rice casserole…click here to get the recipe I used and click here to get the recipe I used to make an apple crisp!
- Is it bad that this is the most dressed up I have been in over 40 days?
- These are my current favorite things and they are all under $200.
- If you are struggling with what baby stroller to get, you should read this.
- Need an afternoon pick me up?? You should FOR SURE make a Wade’s latte (click here to find out how to make it!!!)
Best Weekend Sales
- Nordstrom: Love this bodysuit, this robe is so pretty (only $22), obsessed with the pajamas and I currently have NO plans but if I had a cocktail party or really anything on the calendar I would want to wear this dress.
- Pottery Barn: The sheets we sleep on every night (and our in our other bedrooms) are currently on MAJOR sale, this duvet is almost identical to the one we have in our master bedroom and we only have one type of picture frame around our house (we like everything to go together) and they are currently on sale!
- Shopbop: I have been obsessed with this dress since January, love these slides for summer (only $66), this jumpsuit is so cute and this is the ultimate summer dress (a must have).
- J.Crew: This tiered maxi dress dress is adorable (it comes in four colors), this is such a classic tunic to have in your closet and how fun is the print on this dress??
- Verishop: Love this shirtdress, this is such a classic white blouse to have in your closet and these sweatpants look so cozy.
Get the Look
images shot at a social distance by beckley photography
One Response to Happy Weekend