aveda smooth infusion // aveda hair and body cleanser // aveda after-sun hair masque // aveda sun care protective hair veil // aveda daily light guard
One of the biggest misconceptions with summer hair care routines is that they are only meant for the summer. Yes, during the summer months it is important to take extra care of your hair because of all the chlorine, sunshine and ocean but why pay extra attention to your hair during those few months…you must make it a year round thing!
I recently tried some new (to me) Aveda products on my hair because I felt like my hair needed a little pick-me-up after all of the chlorine it has been exposed to the last few months. Even though summer is over, I plan to keep using these products in my regular hair care routine. See below for more information about each of the products but more importantly, why I love using them.
- aveda smooth infusion: This product is great if you want to get rid of fly-aways/frizz. You apply it to damp hair and then style your hair how you normally do. You will 100% notice how much smoother your hair is after you use the Aveda smooth infusion hair product.
- aveda hair and body cleanser: As someone who often finds herself in the shower without a bar of soap, the Aveda hair and body cleanser is such a great product. Not only does it give hair that has been exposed to sunshine, chlorine and salt ‘life’, it removes all of the build up and leaves hair silky and smooth. Plus your skin feels so soft and clean after using it!
- aveda after-sun hair masque: I have used this Aveda after-sun hair masque once a week for the last month and I have for sure noticed a difference in the way my hair feels. This cream hair masque not only restores sun exposed hair but it also really moisturizes. You can either leave this hair masque in for 7-10 minutes while in the shower or what I like to do is sleep in the hair masque so my hair gets extra soft.
- aveda sun care protective hair veil: This Aveda hair veil does exactly what it says. It is a lightweight spray that is water resistant and helps protect your hair color.
- aveda daily light guard: I have used the Kiehls facial fuel moisturizer with SPF every day for as long as I can remember but I had a friend who recently told me about how much she liked the mineral based Aveda daily light guard, so I thought I would try it. I actually am really liking this product. I cannot say that I won’t stop using my Kiehls facial fuel (my husband uses it also) but I’m not ruling out the Aveda Daily Light Guard yet because it goes on really smooth and feels super light weight.
images by sukilynn