It has now been 5 1/2 years since I started this little space on the internet. One of the most rewarding things has been to see it grow but to also have all of you following along on this crazy fun journey. Although I am VERY open on my SnapChat/InstagramStories/InstagramLive; ‘opening up’ on my blog has not always been something that I have done. Not because I do not want to be open or seem more relatable but because I get caught up in my ‘normal’ routine of posts and content and often don’t branch out.
One thing that I have been thinking about and really want to start doing with my platform is being more open…kind of like a ‘coffee date’ except instead of being one on one, it will be me and all of you. I feel like the majority of you who have followed me since the beginning have hopefully felt like you have gotten to know me over the last 5 1/2 years but as this space continues to grow and things change I thought it would be fun to ‘let you all in’ just a little more. Really just giving a few more ‘fun facts’ or insights to me.
So while today’s post may seem a bit verbose, below I have listed what I think are ‘fun facts’ that you may (or may not) know about me. Enjoy 😉
- I am obsessed with Wade. I know that probably sounds so creepy but I cannot begin to express to you all how much I adore him. He is so kind, thoughtful, generous and really just the sweetest most wonderful person I have ever met. So thankful that I get to spend as much time with him as I do!
- I have really bad travel anxiety. For some reason I get beyond stressed out when I travel. I try so hard to down play it but it’s really one of my biggest anxieties. Thankfully, I am totally fine once I get in my seat but waiting in line at security and boarding are literally my worst nightmare.
- I don’t eat chicken. I have not had chicken in over a year. Totally honest, I was always on the fence with chicken and last year I was served basically raw chicken in my tortilla soup..for me that was the last straw. Peace chicken.
- Blue Moon is my favorite beer. For some reason this is the only beer that I like. Maybe it’s because it tastes like juice? Who knows, maybe it’s not the worst thing that I won’t drink other beers?
- If I could live anywhere else in the United States I would live in Scottsdale, Arizona. You guys, I am so obsessed with Scottsdale. For me it is a city that is most similar to Dallas but with better (warmer) year round climate.
- One place that is on my travel wish list is Bora, Bora. The water looks so dreamy and I would love to just lay in a lounge chair, in a bungalow above the water and tan. Probably naked. (ya, I just said that).
- If I could go anywhere in the near future with Wade, I would want to go to Kauai or Maui in Hawaii. Growing up we used to go to Hawaii in the summers and it was always one of my favorite places. So many activities, great sunshine, lovely beaches and really one of the most relaxing places I have ever been. Wade has never been to Hawaii, so it has always been one place that I have been dying to go with him!
- I have tanned a lot of places all over the world and of all the cities and beaches I have ever laid out, I have to say the place that I have gotten the best sun tan of my entire life is Naples, Florida. Ya I know, I sound like a crazy person but I promise (ask my sisters), we have never been so bronzed.
- In high school my ‘most likely to’ was not exactly normal. I got ‘most likely to be tan the rest of my life’. I was way to regular at Palm Beach and if my 30 year old sun damaged self could talk to my 16 year old self I would tell me to NEVER GET IN A TANNING BED!!
- I wore the same plaid for 12 years. Depressing at the time? Yes. But looking back wearing a uniform was the best thing that ever happened to my clothing obsessed self growing up.
- I have a fear of doctors (specifically blood). When I was 5 I was in a life threatening accident. One night I was sitting on the counter in our bathroom upstairs (yes I was looking at myself in the mirror) and the wall mirror fell on top of me. Long LONG story short, glass from the mirror went into my foot, cut it open (I could see the bone), sliced the artery and it was a blood bath. I was careflighted to Parkland Hospital, put in emergency surgery, almost lost my foot, woke up in the middle of the surgery, spent lots of time in the hospital and even had a walker for months. Sadly, I remember everything (even when I woke up in the middle of the surgery), so doctors and hospitals are so scary for me..still. Just ask my mom or Wade..I can’t ever go by myself. Oh, and did I mention I was 5?
- I have two younger sisters and they are the coolest. My middle sister Katie (she is two years younger), just moved to Chicago and the youngest, Margaret (4 years younger), lives in Dallas. Katie is a flight attendant for United Airlines so if you see someone who looks like me on a United flight in uniform…it’s probably my sister. I am obsessed with the fact that her office is in the sky. She has only been with United for 8 months but you guys, her stories are INSANE! Margaret is in commercial real estate and it amazes me every day that she is doing what she is doing…we are total opposites when it comes to occupation which I think is so cool because it always keeps dinner conversations interesting.
- Home interiors and anything related to decorating stress me out. The thought of permanently picking out a piece of furniture, a paint color, wallpaper, slab or even an accessory that will STAY in its place and have to go with the rest of the house gives me so much anxiety. Total disclosure, every single thing that I have ever picked out related to our house has been either given away or sold. I’m the worst and so thankful for geniuses like Cindy Sontag (our interior designer) who are brilliant enough to translate our rough vision/ideas and create a space that we love coming home to every, single day.
- I have never been on a diet. Yes, my weight has fluctuated over the years (frozen margaritas my senior year of college got the best of me) but I have always believed that portion control and consistent exercise is the best way to maintain healthy lifestyle.
- If someone is ever rude to me for what I think is for ‘no reason’, I always give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are having a bad day. Ya, I do vent to Wade or a girlfriend if someone is being a (you know what) but I get over it about 5 seconds later…sometimes 10.
I want to thank each and every one of you who have been so loyal to this platform that I have grown over the years. If I could write each and everyone of you a thank you note, I promise I would.
This space would not be possible without all of you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Looking forward to hopefully more posts like this and if there is EVER anything you all want to see/hear about please reach out (email@example.com). Have a lovely Wednesday…you’re now half way through the week! xx