Although my list of spring ‘must haves’ is a bit different this season due to being pregnant, by swapping silhouettes and adding elastic, for the most part I have been able to feel completely ‘normal’ while getting dressed! I have said this before and I will say it again before I got pregnant,I had this weird idea that I would not be able to look as cute or feel normal in clothing. While maternity clothes are somewhat lacking in the style department, I have found that by sizing up in my favorite brands and wearing silhouettes that I normally don’t wear; I am feeling really great.
Anyways, in order to not bore all of you who are currently not in the same stage that I am in, I wanted to round of some of my favorite spring must have items that I think you need in your closets now! These items are all perfect to wear now and then easily transition into summer.
- Skinny Jeans: This pair of jeans is my all time favorite. They are wardrobe staples and when I was not pregnant, I would wear them pretty much every day. They are also so forgiving & stretchy that I was able to wear them until I was 22 weeks pregnant. Now I opt for this pair of maternity jeans and totally honest….I’m not sure why I haven’t always worn them. They are SO comfortable!
- Scarf: Everyone needs one of these! I have been living in scarves the last 8 months and I keep wanting to build my collection. Currently I have my eyes on this navy scarf with pom pom accents..SO cute!
- White Button-down: If you do not have this button down in your closet you MUST add it. I promise, you will literally live in it!!
- Statement Earring: This season the statement earring is EVERYWHERE. While I have begun to build a bit of a collection that doesn’t mean that I plan to stop adding to it anytime soon. Currently I have my eyes on this pair of statement earrings.
- Ballet Flats: A nude pair of flats is a must have in any wardrobe. This nude ballet flat is perfect to pair with everything from jeans to dresses. Yes, it is a bit of an investment but it will never go out of style!
- Spring Dress: A dress that you can wear over and over again is always makes for a great purchase. This navy shift dress is perfect to wear this spring/summer because you can wear with flats, heels or sandals.
- Tinted Glasses: This is one of my favorite things for spring. I feel like everywhere I go I see some cute girl wearing tinted glasses and I am dying for a pair of my own! Since I usually lean towards the more conservative color waves, I am really loving this gray/green pair of sunnies BUT if I were to get a little wild, I would purchase this pair.