This may sound crazy if you are someone who is very into cooking but I have never made roasted carrots. On the rare occasion that I make carrots I usually end up boiling them and adding mustard, butter & brown sugar (it’s what my grandmother always does and they are delicious).
I was making roasted potatoes (this is my favorite recipe) and since I picked up some carrots this morning, I decided to mix it up and make some roasted carrots. Every time I attempt to make a recipe, I just google “best ____ recipe”. It’s kind of amazing what comes up (so many choices and I usually pick the first one). Since I already had a plan for roasted potatoes, I kind of just did a variation of the potato recipe, except for carrots. Somehow they turned out delightful and are now going to be a new “go to” for me. Apologies in advance for the non-professional recipe…I am just an amature attempting to make an occasional yummy dish in the kitchen!
Easy Roasted Carrot Recipe
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 20-30 minutes
SERVINGS: about 3 adults + 1 toddler
- 2 large organic carrots (this was enough for 3 adult portions and 1 toddler portion)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (maybe a little more if the carrots are not covered)
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh thyme leaves
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (totally optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper (I swear everything cooks better on parchment paper)
- chop carrots (think bite size portions)
- In a large bowl add all ingredients except the parmesan cheese. I recommend adding (chopped) carrots first so then you can just sort of ‘coat’ everything. Don’t get too crazy with the salt but shake/sprinkle away with the pepper and thyme.
- Once the ingredients are mixed (except the parmesan cheese), transfer to baking sheet. Make sure carrots are not over crowded (they should have a little space between each one)
- Before you put carrots in the oven sprinkle a little parmesan cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes (or until soft)
- Plate carrots and enjoy!