Hellloooooo 2017! I’m back! Did you miss me? Sorry for the long pause in posts (this was the last post that I did) but to be completely honest, I needed a break. I really wanted to take the holidays to spend time with Wade, friends and family and just relax instead of stressing about getting content up. I mean every single person at least got a couple of days off, so I figured since I had not EVER taken this long of a break from the blog, that this would be the year. Needless to say, I have never enjoyed a holiday break more and I am so excited to get back into the swing of things with this new year. Sometimes it’s nice to just step back from everything, take time for yourself to recharge. It’s amazing what time away from your phone and computer will do, truly refreshing.
Ok, enough of that….let’s talk resolutions! Did you guys make any this year? I feel like I ALWAYS make resolutions and then about 4 months in I either break them. I have yet to meet someone who has actually kept their resolution. In order to attempt to keep my resolutions this year I decided to keep them short and sweet. For me, it seemed less daunting and more achievable but we shall see!
- read more: as someone who spends so much time on their phone, I want to try and spend those 45 minutes at night before I fall asleep reading a book instead of mindlessly clicking on my phone (this book is currently on my bedside table)
- cook at least 2 meals a week: 100% doable
- organize the house: get rid of everything that I have not used in at least 12 months: honestly, I think everyone should do this
- run more: as someone who loves yoga and spin, I want to incorporate a run/jog into my routine at least once every two weeks. I love being outside and there is nothing better than a job around the neighborhood to get some fresh air (I have been running in these shoes)
What resolutions did you make this year? Or what I really should ask is how long do you think you will keep them?
Best Weekend Sales
- Nordstrom: These Dior sunnies are so cute, obsessed with this striped sweater, love the way this sweater is styled and these high rise jeans are such a good deal!
- Neiman Marcus: This little black dress is too good to not be in everyones closet, this dress would be perfect for a spring shower or wedding, these Tory Burch boots are GORGEOUS and love the tassels on this clutch!
- Shopbop: These jeans are my all time favorite, obsessed with the back on this striped top, this sweater dress looks so cozy and these booties are super cute.