This year Wade, Baby Ralph and myself threw our very first Thanksgiving at our house. We thought it would be fun since it was baby Ralph’s first Thanksgiving to be able to host both sides of our family, since we allllll know that they were dying to be with the baby on Thanksgiving.
To keep it simple, I decided it would be fun to send out invitations. I promise I won’t be doing this every year but since it was Ralph’s first Thanksgiving I thought whyyyyy not. Plus, it’ll be a fun little thing to put in his baby book! I ordered the invitations from Paperless Post and it was super easy and REALLY fast to get them printed/delivered. After invitations came my favorite thing to do for a party these days..personalized cups and napkins. In my opinion they are so fun to have during the party plus every time I reach for a cup that we have had made I think back to what fun we had on that day or night. I had these cups and napkins made from my favorite Etsy shop, Sequins and Lipstick. I highly recommend this shop, as Tammy is super sweet, creative and easy to work with!
After the cups/napkins were ordered I had to start thinking tables. Not going to lie, seating 17 people comfortably can be tricky and I wanted everyone to have a comfortable seat (no pulling up chairs), so they could enjoy their meal. I decided to do 3 tables. Thankfully the weather on Thanksgiving was 70 and perfect, so we got to seat some guests outdoors! I kept all three tablescapes pretty simple, borrowed the beautiful dishes and silver from my grandmother, had these napkins made and used chargers, glasses and placemats that I already had. In true ‘Amy’ fashion, I went with hydrangea because I knew I would use the flowers post Thanksgiving around the house! For the food, we ordered in Eatzi’s and my aunt, grandmother and mother so graciously offered to make their ‘famous’ sides (my aunt mary makes the best sweet potatoes, my grandmothers mashed potatoes are a family favorite and my mom makes the most delightful creamed corn). Thanksgiving was so special this year with it being baby Ralph’s first and having both sides our family in one place. I cannot wait to carry on the tradition of hosting next year!
p.s. I’m sure you know but in case you do not it is Cyber Monday which means it is a great time to shop for everyone (including yourself) on your holiday list! See below for some of the best deals on the web.
Best Cyber Monday Sales
- Nordstrom: In honor of Cyber Monday, you get an additional 20% off of all sale items. Good right? Well I think it makes it that much easier to purchase something like this black coat (it’s gorgeous I promise), this holiday dress or these Stuart Weitzman boots!
- Shopbop: Take an additional 35% off of all sale with code WOW35. You guys I am OBSESSED with this Veronica Beard sweater, these jeans are so good and these boots are amazing.
- Neiman Marcus: Today Only- Cyber Monday Sale! You guys you can earn up tot a $750 gift card…this sale really is incredible. I mean how good is this white dress? It really is such a steal!
- Bauble Bar: Currently everything is 30% off…such a great time to get a gift for yourself or a friend! I mean how perfect would these gift sets be to give this holiday season? EVERY girl would LOVE!
- BB Dakota: Remember that poncho I wore here? Well lucky for you it is now 50% off…along with the entire website!
- Camilyn Beth: Cami is actually a really good friend of mine! If you do not have a Camilyn Beth dress in your closet, now is the perfect chance to add one because the more you spend the better discount you get! Spend $200 and receive 20% off, spend $500 and recieve 30% off…p.s. this Camilyn Beth dress would be perfect for holiday parties!
- RAY-BAN: Up to 50% off (20% off sitewide)..It really is the perfect time to buy a new pair of sunnies!
8 Responses to Ralph’s First Thanksgiving