This is my third baby Ralph schedule update and I can honestly say that this schedule is my favorite. I first shared his schedule back in October and then and updated version in the middle of January. We used his first schedule from birth – 5 1/2 months old, we then switched to this schedule and used it from 5 1/2 months – 7 1/2 months and then right around the 7 month mark, Ralph changed his schedule (we knew this would happen) to the one below. I have gotten a handful of questions on how you know when it’s time to change your babies schedule and I hate even responding this way but you just ‘know’. For us, one day when I was putting Ralph down for his last ‘cat nap’ he just SCREAMED the entire time. He missed that nap and I was freaking out because I thought he would be a total nightmare. It was actually the exact opposite, he was a dream. The next day I tried again to put him down for that last cat nap and he SCREAMED again…I thought to myself maybe he really is ready to drop this nap and he was. The minute I (well really he) decided it was time to be done with it, we were.
Baby Ralph’s New NEW Schedule
- 7:55 am: Wake up baby Ralph
- 8:00 – 8:30 am: Feed (he is offered 8 ounces and usually takes between 6-8)
- 8:30 – 9:00 am: play time!
- 9:00 – 9:15 am: practicing eating (we usually do cereal)
- 9:30 – 11:30 pm: nap
- 11:30 – 12:00: play time
- 12:00 – 12:30 pm: feed (he is offered 8 ounces and takes it all FAST)
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm: playtime/snacks involved as well
- 1:30 – 3:30 pm: nap
- 3:30 – 4:00 pm: play
- 4:00 – 4:40 pm: feed (he is offered 8 ounces and drinks this bottle slow)
- 4:40 – 6:00 pm: play
- 6:00-6:15 pm: baby food
- 6:20 – 6:35 pm: bath time
- 6:40 – 7:00 pm: a little more playtime
- 7:oo pm: feed (offered 8 ounces but depending on the day he takes a minimum of 8 but up to 10. a perfect day is him drinking 4 eight ounce bottles).
- 8 (ish) pm: lights out
I have to say out of all the schedules this one has been my favorite because baby Ralph is awake SOOO much more than he previously was. It’s so fun because I know from 3:30 to bedtime, we get to spend lots of time together and often go grab dinner. I just feel like with this schedule change we get to do more, which is so much more fun.
I know schedules are frustrating, especially at the beginning because you really are tied to your house and depend on nap time but it’s so worth it to have a happy and predictable baby. Now that we are down to two naps a day, it is SOO much better than before but I honestly didn’t know the difference until the schedule changed recently! Let me know if you’ll have any questions, always happy to answer!