Last night I posted a simple salad that I make all the time (ingredients vary depending on what we have in our fridge) for myself and Wade and received SO many comments about posting the recipe.
I want to start this post by saying that I AM NOT a food professional, nor do I plan to be but I am more than happy to post this simple salad recipe for you all to enjoy at home. Honestly, the *key* ingredient is the Marston’s San Pasqual salad dressing. I discovered this salad dressing at Central Market but you can purchase it on their web-site and they also have a list of where to purchase here.
Like I said above, you can really add/take away whatever you want with this simple salad but this is what we had in our fridge last night, so it’s what I used! I love this salad dressing so much because it really compliments so many different things.
Simple Salad Recipe
- Marston’s San Pasqual salad dressing (sometimes I mix individual servings and sometimes I mix the dressing into the entire salad – mix to personal taste)
- 16 oz container of baby kale and baby spinach leaves (makes enough for 3-4 larger servings)
- 1 fuji apple (sliced)
- 1/2 an avocado
- crumbled goat cheese (whatever brand you prefer)
- candied pecans (you can also you regular pecans but I love the sweet taste of candied pecans
- sliced tomatoes
- cranberries (I didn’t have any last night but this is always a nice add)
- chicken/salmon (I didn’t add protein to this salad because we were having halibut but you could easily grill a piece of chicken or salmon and add!)
Enjoy this simple salad, it really is the BEST! xx