Ok, so I think it is safe to say that the countdown is officially on. We are now just 26 days away from my due date and I could not be more ready to meet this sweet baby boy. The nursery is almost done (just waiting on a pillow & art), I have more products that one could dream (#overprepared), every corner of the house is organized and all renovations are complete. It’s funny how everything just works out timing wise. If you would have told me in November of 2015 when we moved in this house and started renovations that we would finish everything less than a month from welcome our first baby into the world I would have laughed. It’s crazy how much can change in just a short amount of time.
At the beginning of my pregnancy, I honestly thought that I would do a better job of keeping you all in the loop with regular bump dates. Considering that I haven’t really done an official ‘update’ on the blog in a few months (you can read my last pregnancy post here), I figured since we are just under a month (or less) out that what better time than now! So here it goes…
- How far away are you from your due date? 26 days (whoah baby)
- How have you been feeling? Totally fine. Honestly, I have just been trying to keep as normal a routine as possible. For me, that has made the time pass quicker but also kept me feeling normal. Plus, I know once this baby arrives it is going to rock our world, so late dinners, random coffee dates and work out classes whenever I feel like it are probably going to be taking a back seat for a minute.
- What work outs have you been doing? About 6 weeks ago I developed plantar fasciitis in my right foot. My podiatrist told me it was from over use (too much working out), wearing flats (ugh) and weight gain (I’ve gained 21 pounds so far). Although this was very frustrating to hear that I had to cut back on working out (I had been doing so good), it really as a good thing and has made me slow down a bit. I ended up cutting out yoga because that was putting a lot of pressure on my feet and switching my work outs to every other day (averaging 3-4 times a week now). Currently I am spinning 2-3 days a week and I work out with my trainer one day a week. I feel so much better with these changes.
- Are you more tired now that you are in your third trimester? Honestly, I feel great. Yes, somedays I do get tired but I’m not sure if it is from pregnancy or just staying up too late!
- How are you sleeping? So well. Honestly, I have never slept better.
- Any new physical changes? Mainly just the weight which doesn’t bother me at all. The majority of ‘everything’ is just so concentrated in my stomach. It literally looks like I have stuffed a basketball under my clothes sometimes! If I am being totally honest, I have to say the weight gain really bothered me at first. I was not changing my eating habits and was working out the same but the scale just kept increasing. This was for sure because of fear of the unknown. Going into something totally blind and not understanding how amazing the body really is can be a lot to digest. You really don’t know how your body will react to pregnancy or how it will bounce back after the baby is born. Two of my best friends just had babies 11-12 weeks ago and they look incredible. It’s insane how your body just knows what to do. For me, watching them ‘go first’ has really helped ease my mind and now I could literally care less what the scale says.
- Who will be in the room during delivery? Just Wade. I’m super weird about anything medically related (I was in a very bad accident as a child and almost lost my right foot), so for me just having my husband in the room will keep me really calm as I cannot even begin to express the amount of anxiety I have about ‘D Day’. I get very, very overwhelmed in medically related situations. Even after the baby arrives, we are going to ‘take a minute’ to soak in what just happened, our first hours with our new family of three and make sure that I am not feeling like a complete train wreck before we allow our families to meet our new addition. I know it sounds weird but the great thing about this process is that you get to decide how you want to do it.
- What are you most excited about? Meeting Ralph. Although I am so grateful to have been able to carry this sweet baby, I am really not the biggest fan of the pregnancy in general. It’s such a weird process and I could not be more ready to not be more pregnant anymore. It’s so funny how it’s totally 50/50 when you ask someone. One of my best friends was so sad when her pregnancy was coming to and end and for me I could not be more ready to have it done and meet this baby.
- What are you least excited about? Honestly, not knowing exactly when he is going to arrive. As someone who is not a big fan of surprises, I wish that you could have a day and a time when you knew your baby was going to arrive! I just know my water will probably break while I’m in the middle of a spin class and I will be totally panicked. It would be such a funny story after but I am so scared of something happening when I least expect it (which it totally will).
- What do you think is going to be the craziest moment? Ok, I have said this from the beginning of my pregnancy to Wade. I think the weirdest/best/craziest moment of this entire process is going to be driving away from the hospital with Ralph in his car seat. You show up just the two of you and you leave as a family of three? So crazy and exciting! I know we will just be laughing/smiling the entire way home because we will still not even believe that we are lucky enough to have a baby.
- What products/gear are you planning to use with Ralph? I know there is going to be quite a bit of trial and error but a few weeks ago I did a full blog post on what products and gear we plan to use with Ralph. You can see the entire post here.
- What are you looking forward to the most? I could write hundreds of pages on what I am looking forward to the most about sweet Ralph arriving but I am going to spare all of you. In summary, I am looking forward to meeting Ralph, learning how to be a parent (any advice welcome) and of course watching Wade become a dad. I know you all do not know Wade personally but I really wish you did because he is just one of the most wonderful, loving humans in the entire world. He is such an amazing guy and I cannot believe that I am lucky enough to get to do life with him. He is literally going to be the best dad in the entire world and I cannot wait to get to be by his side and start this new chapter with him.
I tried to cover the majority of things that I thought might interest you but should you have ANY questions whatsoever feel free to comment below or e-mail me!