It’s weird to say out loud, but this last week I attended my 9th New York Fashion week. Where on earth has the time gone? It’s funny, but having attended so many times in the past, I have only gotten to go backstage a few times. Although all of my experiences have been different, I have to say last week going backstage at the Lela Rose show with Mary Kay was not only such a pinch me moment, but such a fun memory.
Having worked with Mary Kay on a fun project in the past, I knew that partnering with Mary Kay to go backstage during New York Fashion Week at the Lela Rose show would be such a fun time, plus I would get to learn so many beauty tips to share with you all!
Before I get into the details of what Mary Kay products were used during the fashion show, as well as tidbits from Lela Rose fashion show, I have to mention that upon arriving at my hotel Mary Kay had an amazing beauty gift bag filled with all of the most popular products from Mary Kay. The beauty survival kit included everything from make up remover (Mary Kay has one of my favorites), the Mary Kay Gel Semi-Matte Lipstick (I combined Mauve Moment & Bashful You to wear to the show), this nail lacquer and my new favorite thing from the Mary Kay Runway Bold Collection…this eye color palette. I have to say, I have never used such a diverse and bold eye color palette. I have already rotated it into my beauty routine!
Ok, now back to the fashion show details!
For the Lela Rose show, Lela decided to present her collection by bringing her book, Pret-A-Party, to life in an intimate salon-style seated presentation that embodied the them of Eat, Drink, Dress Lela. To create beauty looks that reflected the Lela Rose woman’s lifestyle, Mary Kay Global Beauty Ambassador, Luis Casco, created the perfect beauty look to compliment the show.
Luis Casco, Mary Kay’s Global Beauty Ambassador, decided to really focus on the woman’s skin and eyes. He wanted to create the luminous and luxurious glowing skin, and honestly, it was the most beautiful make up job I have ever seen. When I was chatting with the Mary Kay make up artists backstage, they said that they were really focusing on giving the models skin an ‘apres-facial’ vibe. When I first heard this description of a beauty look I was really intrigued. First, because I was not sure what it would look like, but then I thought about how my skin looks after a facial and I knew that whatever the Mary Kay artists were doing, I needed to know because I wanted to get this look at home!
How to Get the Mary Kay NYFW Beauty Look at Home
- TimeWise® Luminous-Wear® Liquid Foundation is buffed into skin
- Undereye Corrector is patted over dark circles, and Perfecting Concealer is used to cover blemishes
- Mineral Powder Foundation is applied to t-zone only with a powder puff
- Limited-Edition Glowing Finish Illuminating Stick in Bronze (Launching 10/1) is applied to tops of cheekbones with a patting motion to highlight
- Mineral Cheek Color in Shy Blush is dusted over cheeks and drawn up to temple
- Brows are enhanced with Brow Definer Pencil
- Eyes are prepped with Eye Primer. Mineral Eye Color in Hazelnut is swept into crease with a blending brush. Mineral Eye Color in Moonstone is applied to lids with a flat eye brush. Darker skin tones also had Mineral Eye Color in Rose Gold applied
- Limited-Edition Glowing Finish Illuminating Stick in Bronze (Launching 10/11) is placed in inner corners to catch the light and open the eyes
- Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black is applied mid-way along the lash line just above the pupil, and dragged out to create a “half cat eye” – glamorous and chic yet still wearable for day
- Two layers of Lash Intensity® Mascara are applied to top lashes with concentration at the base. One layer is applied to bottom lashes. A touch of Lash Love® Waterproof Mascara is applied to bottom lashes only to seal mascara and prevent transfer to skin during warm weather
- Lips are prepped with Satin Lips Shea Sugar Scrub (Launching 11/16)
- Gel Semi-Matte Lipstick in Always Apricot is mixed with Satin Lips® Shea Butter Balm (Launching 11/16) on the back of hand and applied to lips with a patting motion to softly stain color into the lips
Going backstage at New York Fashion week with Mary Kay was such a special experience that I will never forget. Believe me when I say that my beauty routine has now changed for the better thanks to Mary Kay!
This post was brought to you by Mary Kay. All opinions are my own!
images by sukilynn