Holy count down. We are now just 12 days away from my due date and I am getting more and more anxious for baby Ralph to arrive. Looking back at the last 9+ months I cannot believe I am to the point where I am sharing what is in my hospital bag. I am not going to lie…I had my bags packed 2 weeks ago. Having had more than a handful of friends have babies early, I felt like I would rather be prepared for my hospital stay than be in a total panic trying to throw everything in.
I’ve gotten a lot of e-mails asking what was in going in my hospital bag, so I thought it would make a fun blog post. Yes, some of the things I have packed probably seem a bit silly but to each their own, right? I feel like I am prepared but who even knows.
- Pillow Cases: Our hospital recommending bringing our own pillow cases to make our room feel more like ‘home’. I ordered these pillow cases for me and Wade to each have in the hospital and just took them to our tailor and had her monogram them. Yes, I know silly but it was only $16 (total) and who doesn’t love a good monogram? I know, I’m a weirdo.
- Bluetooth Speaker: Bringing a speaker was one thing that was HIGHLY recommended by a friend. She said during labor, she asked her husband to play music on her phone but she had wished she had a little speaker. I asked my doctor and thankfully our hospital allows speakers in the delivery room as well as the hospital rooms. I felt like having some sort of background noise (aka a killer playlist) pre/during/post delivery will be a really nice distraction.
- Throw Blanket: I actually ordered two of these throw blankets…one for my hospital bed and one for Wade’s rollaway. I’m sure the hospital has more than enough blankets but sometimes it’s nice to have something that smells like home that you can snuggle up with.
- iPad: This will be nice to have to not only watch Netflix but also to pass the time when baby Ralph is sleeping.
- Lavender Towelettes: A friend told me to bring these YEARS ago. She said it’s really nice to have a smell that you prefer because there are a lot of ‘unique’ smells during labor. I ordered this packet of lavender towelettes to throw in my bag..I’m sure they will come in handy!
- Eye Mask: I sleep with an eye mask every single night. Since I cannot fall asleep without one, I only thought it appropriate to throw one in my hospital bag. Plus, I’m sure I will be taking a day time nap at some point in the hospital and it will be nice for it to be dark (at least for me).
- Mules: As much as I love house shoes, the thought of wearing them around a hospital kind of grosses me out. I packed my favorite mules that I can slip on and off easily!
- Socks: I packed a few pairs of socks just in case my feet get cold!
- Make Up Bag: I know I probably will not even think about make up in the hospital but just in case I plan to bring my make up bag!
- Extended Length Phone Charger: I read that a long phone cord charger is SO necessary while in the hospital. The outlets are usually far away from your bed and for as much as your phone is going to be used, it’s nice to always have it charged!
- Pajamas: Until I was pregnant, pajamas were somewhat of an afterthought for me. Yes, I have a couple pairs that I like but I really could care less. Since pregnancy, I cannot get enough of comfy pajamas and loungewear. Since I will be in the hospital for a few days and only wearing pajamas I decided to treat myself to a few new pairs! I ordered this sleep shirt, this lounge outfit, this short set and this robe. I cannot wait to cuddle up with baby Ralph in these soft jammies!
- Comfortable Bra: As someone who is very flat chested, I know that the majority of my hospital stay I will probably be braless but just in case one of my husbands friends or his dad comes to visit, I want to make sure to have something to slip on. This bra is my favorite and is so comfortable!
- Toiletries: I packed the travel size version of all of the products that Wade and I use at home. I even threw in a face mask, just in case I need a little extra help (which I know I will).
- Mini Scunci: These mini scunci’s are my favorites because they don’t pull on my hair. I packed a few of these because I’m sure I will want my hair out of my face!
- An outfit to go home in: Apparently you look about 6-7 months pregnant when you leave the hospital, so I made sure to pack a favorite (and forgiving) easy summer dress and flats that I could thrown on for when we leave the hospital as a family of three!
- Nurse Gifts: I threw these in my bag as well..you can read about what I put in the goodie bags I made for all of my nurses in this post!
One thing that I did not include was the cute little outfit and blanket that I have packed for Ralph. I wanted to wait and share those things after he arrives but I promise, I did bring stuff for our baby :). Please let me know if I left anything out!
Shop What is in my Hospital Bag
images by sukilynn